Thursday, April 26, 2012

A MEDITATION ON PSALM 139

(Click on picture for larger view.)
One of my favorite sections of scripture is Psalm 139.  I take such comfort and encouragement from the truth declared there.  I am special to God!  Following is a little poem that sums up the wonderful truths in this Psalm.

You search my heart
You know my thoughts
I'm covered by Your hand.
You're by my side
Each step I take.
It's hard to understand.

I cannot run
I cannot hide
In heaven or in hell.
The darkest night
To You is light.
Safe in Your hand I'm held.

You formed me in
My mother's womb
According to Your plan.
Your thoughts toward me
I cannot count.
They number more than sand.

Lord, help me keep
My mind on Thee
And help my faith to grow
Until You come
To take us home.
I cannot wait to go!

No comments: