Thursday, April 12, 2012

LOVE AND PEACE

I love to go to the ocean to enjoy a beautiful sunrise or sunset and just to listen to the waves rolling in and enjoy the fresh air.  It always promotes a spirit of peace as I enjoy the beauty of God's creation.  Scripture tells us that those who love God's law, His word, are rewarded with great peace, peace in abundance is the thought from the Hebrew.   The word offend is a reference to a stumbling-block or an obstacle that causes one to fall.  Those who love God’s law are not going to lose faith because of tough circumstances; their faith is in God.  I am reminded of my life verse. 

Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Those who love God’s word are those who have their minds stayed (leaning upon, resting upon, standing fast) on God and trust (are confident, secure, sure) in Him and His word.  When the Lord is center of our thoughts and and we have yielded to Him as LORD in complete confidence for our security, it follows that we will honor Him with our praise.


I love Thy law.
I will not fall.
On You I've fixed my gaze.
And for Your peace
I will not cease
To sacrifice with praise.

Thank you Father for the gift of Your Son and the promises that are mine in Him.






No comments: