Thursday, April 19, 2012

KEEP HOLDING ON

5–7 “Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth....I trust in the LORD. I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities...”

14–16 “But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies’ sake.”
22 “For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.”

24 “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”

There are many beautiful truths in this psalm of David.  I am always encouraged when I read how even David, a man after God's own heart, had to struggle to cling to God's promises when he was discouraged and times were hard.  The key is--He held on!  May God grant us the strength to do the same.  May the hard times prove to refine us and bring us forth as gold.  May our testimony in the hard times bring Him glory both before men and angels.  (Click pictures for larger view.)

No comments: