Monday, June 20, 2011

Correction and apology for information in post “The Aftermath - Ezekiel Part 5” from 3/4/08

While I was out of town recently I was notified of the following comment made on the subject post.

Comment: Russia is not making weapons from Lignostone. This claim goes back to a letter written to the Soviet foreign minister by a complete loon in 1974 and has been repeated unquestioningly, and with no attempt to check facts, by biblical literalists ever since. I have challenged literally hundreds of people to name ONE Russian weapon system that includes Lignostone parts, and have received no answers. By continuing to spread this claim you just make yourselves look like fools. Russia is not making weapons from Lignostone.

Since returning home I have done quite a bit of research and must admit that my “Anonymous” commenter appears to be correct. All of the information I could find regarding lignostone being used in Russian weaponry was from Christian sources. I made the mistake of assuming that the respected resources I had quoted were reporting from dependable news sources. I appreciate the correction from the commenter and want to apologize for misleading anyone by repeating this information.

I try very hard to be truthful when sharing information to support the conclusions I draw from scripture. I also try to be careful to let the reader know that I am on a journey of discovery in my study of scripture and that all commentary I make is a result of prayerful consideration. Still, it is only my opinion; and that opinion is subject to change as I continue to study and seek the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit in that process—and the journals on my website reflect that process. I always appreciate positive critique and/or correction. I am only interested in learning all I can about the truth of God’s word—wherever that may lead.

Whether or not Russia is using lignostone in its weaponry has no bearing on the truth of God’s word. Scripture is clear that the weapons will be used for fuel by Israel for seven years.

Ezekiel 39:9-10 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

It always bothers me when people choose to hide behind the “Anonymous” tag rather than boldly taking a stand for what they believe. It is obvious to me that this commenter does not know my Savior, and I want him/her to know that I am praying for you.

2 comments:

ilinca said...

Take a look at this.

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2012/09/military-branches.cfm

It is true.

Sharon said...

Thank you for a very interesting link, Ilinca. Still, after spending a good 15 or 20 minutes trying to find a source that was not related to the bible study of end times, I still could find no corroborating evidence that Russia is making weapons using this material as the primary building material. Based on what I read, it would seem likely that it should become more prevalent as a building material for weaponry throughout the world.