Sunday, June 5, 2011

THE BRIDE OF CHRIST

Recently in the early morning hours the words of a poem began to form in my heart as I thought of the Lord's return. The result is posted below, and I trust you will recognize the scriptures being referenced (John 14:1-3, 1Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1Corinthians 15:53, Matthew 23:39, Zechariah 13:9, Zechariah 12:10, Revelation 19, Zechariah 14, Revelation 20:11-15, Revelation 21:1-7, 1Corinthians 2:9, & Ephesians 5:25-32).

I’m preparing a special place for you
It is in My Father’s house.
I’ll come and take you home when He says,
“It’s time” with His thunderous shout.

First the faithful who have died will rise;
Then the living will join in.
You’ll receive a brand new body
That will have no taint of sin.

Israel will one day call for Me
In deep sorrow for her shame
For rejecting the very Son of God
Who for her salvation came.

You’ll go with Me in great glory
When in victory I come as King.
Those who live on earth in My kingdom
Will enjoy the peace that I bring.

Then all sin will be judged and the earth made anew,
Truth and goodness will ever abide.
You’ll never imagine what I have prepared
For My own, My precious bride.

No comments: