Monday, June 28, 2010

TO SEE YOU AS YOU ARE

I would like to share a poem written by my daughter (with her permission) who is serving on the mission field. Yes, I'm a proud mom--of all my children! I am really blessed to have such a loving husband and wonderful children and grandchildren, all of whom love the Lord.

North, south, east, west
Persuasion from all sides;
Words, pictures, places, people
Too much meets the eyes.

Question why, question how,
Panic breeds within;
What if this, what if that
Debating not to contend.

All the while You’re waiting
with love, mercy and grace;
Wanting to communicate
and establish the pace.

But while I’m divided
in heart, thought and deed,
I’ll sink until I’m drowning
in fear, despair and need.

I must choose a master
once and for all:
The world and its cares
or my sweet Savior’s call.

How can I turn away
from the love sacrificially displayed;
Why do I disregard
the heavy price that was paid.

O Lord I’ve been a fool
to think I could breathe alone;
Forgive and purify this child
until her independence is all gone.

Finally in Your hands
a willing piece of clay;
I can rest in Your love
and guidance day by day.

True peace surrounds my soul
no longer from afar;
You say it takes the pure in heart
to see You as You are.

No comments: