Friday, July 4, 2008

My Part in God's Prophetic Puzzle

It's so good to finally be back home! The past few weeks were spent making many new family memories, but I also found time to read Joel Rosenberg's very disturbing yet believable series of books. I was reminded again of the truth that "all that the Father gives to Me [Jesus] shall come to Me" (John 6:37). In other words, not one person is going to miss out on salvation whom God in His foreknowledge has predestined to be part of His family. It is this truth that frees me to eagerly pray for Jesus to return and take us home. I know that my prayer will not be answered until each lamb is in the fold. I don't have to worry about someone I love "missing out" because of my prayer.

I was also reminded of the truth that every child of God is supernaturally protected until he/she has completed his piece of the massive prophetic puzzle that began being pieced together in Eden. Some people have pieces to complete that make up the primary parts of the picture and their positions are more obvious. Others of us have pieces to complete that are just as necessary to the completion of the whole but are not so obvious. It is this truth that motivates me to embrace life without fear and with a sense of true purpose. My part may be small, but it has been designed just for me; and the puzzle will not be complete without it.

May these thoughts be an encouragement to you too! If you do not yet know Jesus as your Savior, please go to www.momsbiblejournal.com and click on the slideshow link on the homepage to learn about God's precious gift.

6 comments:

Bro. Jason Parker said...

I must be mistaken. It sounds as if you don't believe in free will. If everything is predestined why pray. You say "If you don't know Jesus as your savior". If I'm predestined it dosen't matter how much I pray. I will not believe (because it's not true) That a person can enter heaven if they do not repent. Surley I heard you wrong. The teachings of John Calvin are twisted.

Sharon said...

Dear Jason,

If you have spent any time in reading my bible journals, you would know that I am a great believer in free will. I am also a great believer in God's omniscience. My God is so great that He knew everything about His creation and the events that would unfold before ever setting it in motion. You jumped on the word "predestined" without taking into consideration the word "foreknowledge." We are predestined through God's foreknowledge. There is nothing that limits God in that statement (as many would claim); it is a powerful statement of just how amazing He is. He chose to give man the will to choose and was able to establish a plan that took every person's free will into account in bringing that plan to pass--that is billions of people over thousands of years!

Bro. Jason Parker said...

I am not trying to be critical. Like I said,I was trying to understand where you were comming from. I have taken into consideration the awsome foreknowledge of God. I also believe that He did know what choice I would make. He did not make the choice for me. I think we agree on this matter. It's just with all the false teachings out there I want to be sure of what people are saying. Sharon, please understand I was not attacking you. I don't belive you think I was. I probably came across wrong. Again, I do believe all were predestined for Heaven(Rom 8:29)Some have just chosen not to accept it. I believe we are on the same side. We are supposed to stir each other up from time to time(Prov 27:17). Don't you think so? God is good.

Sharon said...

Jason,
No offense taken. One way we learn is through discussion of ideas. Just to clarify--God is not willing that any should perish, but not all are predestined for heaven (that's universalism). Only those who accept the gift of salvation fall into the category of the predestined. God's word is clear that in His foreknowledge He predestines those who will be "called, justified and glorified." You either fit into the whole sequence or you don't fit at all. God completes what He starts.

Bro. Jason Parker said...

I still believe God made a way for all to come to Christ. God determined from the beginning that He was not willing that any should perish. We choose to reject Him. Our names are not written in the book of life when we are saved. That's not scripture.(Lk 10:20) This is before Christ died and rose again(Rev 17:8). I am Free Will Baptist Not universalist. They are crazy. Again, I don't believe God created anyone predestined for hell. You can have the last word. It is your blog. We would do best to focus our attention on Christ. I truley enjoy talking with you. I believe you are a Christian lady.
love in Christ,
Jason

Sharon said...

I have no interest in having the last word. I think we are on the same page. It is our choice as to our eternal destination--heaven or hell. Much more learned people than you and I have struggled to express this truth through the written word. I welcome the dialogue.