Monday, May 12, 2008

Life's Spiritual Lessons

Life is full of spiritual lessons if we will but open our hearts to hear God speak to us through our experiences. I am very thankful to note that my heart is becoming more and more sensitive to the teaching of the Spirit as I have more sincerely and persistently sought to become more like Jesus and to immerse myself in His word. My biggest regret is that it has taken me so long in life to grow to this point.

As I pondered over my response this morning to a decision by one of my children that I perceived to be a lack of trust in me, I quickly moved to making an application to the heart of God the Father as He observes choices I make in my life in reference to Him. Just as in this case--I may not realize at the time that my choice is showing a lack of trust in Him, but my lack of recognition doesn’t change the truth. Just as my heart was wounded to think I had not made as much progress as I had thought in earning the trust of my child, I know the Father is grieved through His Holy Spirit to see how long it is taking me to really embrace all He wants to do for me if I will but trust Him.

In my heart I know my child loves me and would not choose to hurt me. The Father in heaven knows my heart and that my desire is never to hurt Him. This helps me understand the Father’s patience as He lovingly waits for me to learn through an ongoing relationship that He is faithful and will always work for good in my life. “Thank you, Father, for your love, patience and faithfulness. Please help me to reflect that same heart and character as I respond to those in my family.”

No comments: