Monday, July 28, 2008

The Christian Nation of Egypt - Isaiah 19

I think we should take time to note that the once mighty nation of Egypt was prophesied to become a base kingdom in chapter 19. In verse 17 of that chapter we read Isaiah’s prophecy that “the land of Judah shall be a terror unto Egypt.” I think we have seen foreshadowing of that very prophecy being fulfilled in the past 60 years through the miraculous defeats Egypt has suffered in their attempts to destroy the nation of Israel.

In verse 19 we read that Egypt will one day cry out to God for a savior and He will deliver them, and they will “know the LORD” and worship Him in obedience. Considering that Egypt is a Muslim nation, that seems quite improbable from today’s viewpoint. In fact, the chapter closes declaring that Egypt and Assyria will form an alliance with Israel. It would seem that they will have a special place of blessing in Messiah’s kingdom according to the word of the Lord in verse 25, “Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Sharon said...

For some reason I just now saw your comment--sorry. Glad to be of help.

Anonymous said...

No coincidence...The Holy Spirit brought you back to Isaiah 19 today - He is bringing it to pass - a sign. Egypt my people. Watch Him be glorified.

Sharon said...

I am praying for events in the middle east and around the world. I am very aware of what is happening in Egypt and other nearby nations. I do believe God's plan is unfolding according to scripture and that time is short. My prayer is that many will turn to Him in faith before it is too late.

Colthrone said...

TODAY... if we look at Isaiah 19, i can only deduce that a new government is about to be imposed in Egypt, and it's gonna be worse than what anybody would have imagined. All the "drought" in chap. 19 seems to speak of the economy. Looks like Egypt is gonna be brought to her knees until they finally renounce Allah and turn to Yeshua.

Sharon said...

I agree with your overall conclusion. Personally, I believe the stage is being set for the war talked about in Psalm 83 in which Israel's neighbors come against her hoping once for all to destroy her. Isn't it interesting to note that similar protests are beginning in Jordan and are expected in Syria. All of this on the heels of recent events in Lebanon. Israel's defeat of this coalition will give her a sense of confidence and security that she has not experienced for quite some time. This in turn will set the stage for the attack led by Gog as talked about in Ezekiel 38-39. I certainly don't claim to have a lock on understanding all of these prophecies, but what is unfolding certainly doesn't surprise me in light of what I currently understand about biblical prophecy. Relatively speaking--I know time is short!

Anonymous said...

I found this today after looking through many blogs out there on whats going on in Egypt. I appreciate that you continued through the end of Isaiah 19 and didn't stop at verse 17. So many I have found want to stop at the punishment, but the verses that show the Lord's forgiveness to the nation excite me!

Sharon said...

I am thankful too that Egypt's future is one of fellowship with the LORD and that each nation that rejects God now will one day get the opportunity to experience that fellowship in Messiah's Kingdom.