Thursday, January 20, 2022

CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR

Purpose to spend time in God’s word every day!  The word of God will reveal His will for your life, His promises to carry you through the trials of life and how to gain victory over the temptations of the flesh and the attacks of Satan and his forces of evil.  The following poem is on the home page of my website that contains all my personal journals on the word of God.


GOD’S WORD


Your word lights my path in the way I should go.

It comforts in pain, is a balm to the soul.


Your word pricks my heart as I read of the pain

That was caused by my sin when for me you were slain.


Your word gives instruction for wisdom and living

With the keys for success—love, be kind, be forgiving.


Your word gives me hope of a life without sin

When you come for your own, life in heaven to begin.


Your word is a letter preserved through the years

To chastise, encourage and free us from fears.


Your word is a storehouse of treasures galore

If we just take the time to pray, read, and explore.




No comments: