Friday, December 17, 2021

A THANKSGIVING/CHRISTMAS POEM

I had posted this poem for Thanksgiving but decided to add a Christmas addendum.  As we wait for Jesus to come and take us home, I think we should all be focused on honoring the LORD in all we do and say to thank Him for the priceless gift of our salvation!  May you have a blessed Christmas!


My heart is filled with joy and love

With thankfulness and praise

For God’s great love and mercy

Forgiveness, peace and grace!


Help me, Lord, to honor You

In all I do and say

To boldly share Your truth in love

And in Your hands be clay.


Help me imitate Your Son

Submissive to Your will

Serving without thought to self

Your plan for me fulfill.


Help me to reflect Your heart

And with You, Lord, to grieve

For those enslaved and bound by sin

Refusing Your Son to receive.


Help me, Lord, to hear Your voice

And quickly to obey.

May others look at me and see

Your love ever on display.


Christmas addendum…


Help me, Lord, to share the news

Of Jesus and the cross

Of His great love and sacrifice

A gift to all the lost


To those who place their faith in Him

The power to conquer sin

And a home with Him in heaven

With joy that never ends. 




No comments: