Wednesday, May 3, 2023

DON'T LOOK DOWN--LOOK UP!

A piece of my heart....

My soul is sad and weary

As I look around and see

The evil things that people do

To please the enemy.


The love of many grows so cold

As consciences are seared

Right is wrong and wrong is right

No longer is God feared.


As always, it’s the weaker

Abused and sacrificed

As wicked men advance their cause

With no regard for life.


My heart is sliding to despair 

Til finally I look up

Remembering Your promises

That soon You’ll interrupt.


Believers will be snatched away

Your vengeance then unleashed

Your wrath poured out on all within

The kingdom of the beast.


Jacob’s seed will finally know

The truth about our LORD

That He had suffered for their sins

In anguish they will mourn.


The LORD will then return as King

To rule from David’s throne

Restoring much of Eden’s peace

To quiet creation’s groans.


In righteousness our LORD will reign

One thousand years—and then

Satan will get one last chance

To claim the hearts of men.


He’ll gather a great army 

From the nations he deceives

Amazingly they’ll number

As the sand that’s in the sea.


Fire will come down from God

And sin will meet defeat.

Satan cast into hell’s fire

God’s victory complete.


Despair replaced by blessed hope

Now lives within my soul

As I await the LORD’s return

With joy my heart will flow!




No comments: