Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Father Filter

As I was driving to the grocery store this morning, I looked up through the sunguard strip across the top of the windshield to see a beautiful sun outlined through a mosaic of small puffy clouds. For some reason I leaned down to look at it through the unprotected glass and saw not beauty, but a glare that hid all the detail. As I returned to normal posture, the thought ran across my mind, “That filter really makes a difference.” Immediately the Lord spoke to me.

I often say that nothing can happen to me as God’s child unless it has first been Father-filtered. I realized that this was a beautiful illustration of that truth. Through human eyes we don’t often understand why a loving Father allows certain things to happen to us. If we could but see through the filter that the Father is looking through in His eyes, we would understand clearly the beauty that can/will result from allowing us to experience that test or trial.

I hope that is an encouragement to you as you cling to His promise: “All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called, according to His purpose.”

2 comments:

Briefcase said...

Patience is the virtue that makes the difference here. There may not be instant gratification, but what's sure is that we can trust the Lord to let everything be for our good in the long run.

Best regards,

Robert

Sharon said...

I totally agree!