Saturday, December 1, 2007

Current Prophecy Perspectives

My prophetic perspectives according to scripture at this time:
1. Jesus is coming to reign as King on planet earth for 1000 years before ushering in His eternal kingdom that will only be enjoyed by those who have accepted Him as Lord and Savior.
2. God will fulfill His covenant to Abraham through the nation of Israel.
3. The church has not replaced Israel; it has been grafted into special relationship with Israel to God through the provision of Jesus Christ.
4. There is a time coming during which God will pour out His wrath on all the wicked on planet earth.
5. The 70th week of Daniel is a 7-year period during which God will refine Israel to produce a believing remnant that will enter Christ’s millennial Kingdom and experience the fulfillment of God’s covenant with Abraham. This period of time is often called the tribulation.
6. The true body of believers will be delivered from God's wrath through an event popularly known as the rapture.
7. The rapture will occur before God dispenses His wrath and before the Antichrist is revealed when he signs a 7-year peace covenant with Israel.
8. Damascus will experience complete future destruction.
9. A Russian-led alliance of predominantly Moslem nations will attack Israel in the not so distant future and be miraculously destroyed by God’s supernatural intervention.

9 comments:

Yuri Richardson said...

I've been reviewing your journal notes and posts. In review of your 9 points given in this email; I will assume that this is still your current Prophecy position.

When Jesus comes to reign as King; what will happen to His enemies at that time?

Yuri Richardson said...

Scripture Prophecy is one of my favorite topics, so I'm interested to know more and share as well.

Sharon said...

Yes, Yuri, this is a very general list of my position. I would love to dialogue with you regarding any questions that may arise from your interaction with this blog. My desire is to continue to learn the truth........and I know I still have a long way to go (:

Yuri Richardson said...

Sharon-

Firstly, I trust that you and your loved ones are safe in Messiah Yahshua's arms (Yahshua is Jesus Hebrew name). Do not get me wrong I'm not one for enforcing anyone to say Jesus Hebrew name or anything like that but; this is where I am now in my walk with our Savior. So if you or anyone else who says Jesus; I'm not offended. Ok?

I appreciate that you come from a KJV perspective; which is a sure foundation for any kind of discussions.

And since we both love God and are saved by grace through faith in Yahshua (Jesus) then we are off to a great start!

I'm interested to learn your position on what happens when Messiah returns; what happens to His enemies. And yes it is a loaded question. :)

This is what I currently believe. When Yahshua comes again soon; He will rise the righteous dead to life (1st resurrection [Jn.5:28,29] and all the righteous who are alive and remain will go with Him back to Shamayim (Hebrew for Heaven) for 1,000yrs.(1Thes. 4:16-17; Rev.20:5,6) And the wicked will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. (2Thes.2:8)

Sharon said...

Yuri,
I agree with part of your conclusion. It is hard to describe what I believe without looking at the whole of scripture. I suggest that you start with the posts on Revelation beginning November 2009 and read on through the posts about Thessalonians. You will see that we have some differences, but will understand better why. This is an exciting time to be living because I believe the Lord is coming to take the believers home soon! I look forward to further discussion with you. Of course, my studies are presented in much more detail on my website (link in top right column).

Yuri Richardson said...

I perceive that you are what is often referred to as a pre-trib'r.Is that correct? If so I understand why we differ.

Sharon said...

You are correct--except I prefer to call myself just a seeker for the truth. From my study of scripture, my beliefs are pretrib, but I do have some differences from the traditional understanding of that position.

Yuri Richardson said...

Ok- without going into any specific Bible verses would you please state the differences?

Yuri

Sharon said...

Every conclusion I make is based on scripture. The main differences, however, fall in my understanding of Revelation 4-7 regarding timing or sequence and the identity of the players.