Thursday, September 18, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Today is my birthday; and as I was talking to the Lord this morning and thanking Him for my many blessings, I found myself singing an old song by the Gaithers.

I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God.
I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood!
Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod,
For I'm part of the family, the family of God.

I have no greater blessing than to be able to call God, Creator of heaven and earth, my Father!  Far beyond my comprehension, He loves me unconditionally and has clothed me in the righteousness of Jesus His Son.  I truly can hardly wait until its time for Him to come and take us home to spend eternity with Him (and I believe the signs of the times all around us shout that it will be soon).  I try to imagine what it will be like to be free from the sin nature and the temptations of the flesh.  I so look forward to finding out what it is like to experience worship that is forever free from distraction.  I want to know what it is like to serve Him without the hindrance of earthly demands and responsibilities.  I want to experience the total peace and assurance that I will never grieve Him again.  I am so looking forward to getting to know my whole spiritual family and joining with them in wonderful times of praise and worship that I am sure will far surpass any that we can experience in the here and now. 

Until that time, I am so thankful for the many blessings I enjoy in this life.  I have the most wonderful husband and amazing children on the planet.  They all love the Lord and are seeking to serve Him and live according to His will.  I have six beautiful grandchildren that are being brought up to love God and His word and use their talents to serve Him.  I have a mom that was committed to giving me a strong foundation in the church and is a wonderful encourager.  Every other blessing is just icing on the cake.

My heart truly resonates with the Apostle John—“1 John 4:19 “We love him, because he first loved us.”
 click on pic for larger view

No comments: